Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2012-Jan-18-0854Hrs
Dear Errol,
Allow me, through you, to wish a Happy New Year to all my fellow Mausicans.
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many of them at the Mausica mini-lime at Hilton and thank Maria for following through on the suggestion. Excellent work!
I was pleased when I called Mrs.Cuffie ( Aunty Daphne to many) on her birthday (January 6) to find her very bright and cheerful and to learn that she had had a lot of visitors,including faithful Barbara Davis. She happily and proudly told me that it was her 8oth birthday. I have a vague recollection of visiting her, I believe, in hospital, on her 39th birthday. She was sad on that day because of the circumstances. But God knows best. It seems like yesterday.
I was unable to visit as I was not moving around much having been laid up with an injury to my leg which occurred when a pyrex dish slipped from my hand, crashed to the floor and a piece of the glass gashed my calf. I was supposed to fly out on that day but ended up in a hospital emergency room getting sutures for the deep wound.Talk about freak accident! And the hard part was, I was making a Johhny Bake that was coming out real good, but I had to throw it out because of the splinters. Towards the end of last year I broke my little finger, so let's hope the accidents do not continue. One of the hazards of getting old?
I wish you all a prosperous, healthy, safe, accident-free New Year.Will be home for Carnival.
Love,
Hazel Thompson-Ahye

No comments: