Tuesday, April 26, 2011

RE: Passing the Torch

2011-APR-25-2047Hrs
Hello Errol,
Attached is Mr Williams' response to my question; "What does passing the torch mean to me?"
It's another gem. to share with the Mausica family.
As usual,
Rodney

"WHAT DOES PASSING THE TORCH MEAN TOME?.
Tarred burning sticks or torches provided street lighting in Antioch, Greece around 450 A.D.
The metonymy “passing the torch” implies passing on to others the means and responsibility for mental and spiritual enlightenment; to me it underscores my sacred obligation to bequeath to my posterity the fruits of my divinely appointed life’s labors, bright and vibrant, so that akin to the manner in which the final torchbearer, relaying the Olympic flame from Greece to every Games venue, enkindles  the flare in the waiting basin, so to would the marriage of our united life missions be ENGULFED IN THE FULL EFFLUGENCE OF GOD’S GLORY.
Fitz James  Williams."
Rodney Foster

No comments: