Thursday, May 14, 2009

RE: hello
2009-MAY-13-0831Hrs
Hello Mausicans
Hope you are all well and happy. I have rediscovered the Hula hoop and have great fun with it, especially on Saturday afternoons when I get otgether with some other grown ups to unwind and work the abs. There is a group of youngsters who practise at other times and I understand that some of them are really amazing. I had not worked with a hula hoop since my Primary school days in Fyzabad ! I am looking forward to taking it beyond the waist and neck over the coming weeks.
Prices in the Supermarkets seem to rise daily but you still have to buy some items and I have not yet tried making a salad with a mixture of notes of various denominations. Still ,there is much to be thankful for and quality of life on this little island paradise is one of them... it's not perfect but I love it.
Love and blessings to all. Pat
Teachers of English: Should ANYONE be saying / writing : Different than ???? I am sure it should be Different from. Comments please.
It is used constantly on American TV ... Am I being too fussy? I did not fuss when people started interchanging At present and Presently and now no one seems to acknowledge the difference . English Grammar was a serious item at Fyzabad Intermediate school and good habits die hard!
Pat Ryan

No comments: