Saturday, December 08, 2007

Re: Rodney's poems
2007-Dec-06-1121hrs
Hello Errol,
Every year one of my friends, Gwen Green, holds two events at which poets write their thoughts on a quote. This year the quote came from Malaika Fvorite, an artist and a writer : "There is no place for a mountain to move." Attached are my two pieces which I read to the audience on Dec15th. Please share them with my Mausica family.
By the way, there is a Trinidadian in Winnipeg, Jume Springer from La Romain, who would like me to visit and promote my books and CD there. She says there is a TNT association in Winnipeg. Do you have any contacts in Winnipeg?
Thanks for your weekly correspondence. It's great to keep in touch.
Rodney Foster
MOVING ON
My biggest mountain is the closed mind.
Both in myself and others.
Members of the “Yes, but’, and “I know, but” group.
The kind that is triple-reinforced with ignorance, fear and prejudice,
Those weapons of mass destruction.
Unmoved by a preponderance of evidence to the contrary,
They hold fast to falsehoods, hearsay and emotional rhetoric.
No keys of knowledge can unlock such biased minds,
No light can penetrate their darkness
For they have learned to function in that environment,
Frustrating the hell out of teachers like you and me.
Therefore, we must learn to let go and move on To enlighten more fertile, receptive minds.
Perhaps one day their teacher would come along.
Yesterday’s solutions must give way to today’s innovations,
Peace must replace war, love hatred, humility arrogance and action passivity.
My friends, what are your mountains today?
We are all mountaineers, you know.
So let’s share our war stories and level all mountains.
Because all mountains are surmountable.
Rodney Foster
4050 Crossings Way
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
Tel 404-501-9277
MY MOUNTAIN
When the stressors of this world overwhelm me
And my knees buckle and I begin to hear the count:
“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven,”
I remember God’s invitation and I rise.
“Come unto me all that are weary and heavily burdened and I will give you rest.”
Like magic I am transported to His warm embrace
Where I offload my burdensome baggage to his infinite hard drive.
No elaborate logon procedure is required, no user ID number, no password,
No special attire, no fee, no special time.
On this mountain, access is unconditional, 24/7.
Just acknowledge His presence, say “Help me, Lord”
And you are online with the Creator.
I love going to the mountain because it’s fast and convenient
And communication is up-close and personal.
God’s Mountain resides in me.
I just plug in from wherever and whenever I choose.
On the 285, 85, 20 E, Covington Highway or Wesley Chapel,
My cubicle on the job, Walmart, Publix, at the gas pump or my home.
God’s Mountain is just a click away.
It is an all-inclusive retreat that caters to all moods and circumstances.
Whether I want to celebrate, meditate or recuperate I can visit my mountain.
And like Martin and Moses, I am enlightened and enlivened
When I soar to the mountain top or kneel within its sanctuary and witness the burning bush.
Thank you, Lord, for creating in me your immovable mountain.
Rodney Foster
4050 Crossings Way
Stone Mountain, GA 30083.
Tel. 404-501-9277

No comments: