Thursday, December 27, 2007

Re: Christmas wishes.
2007-Dec-25-1414hrs
My friends;
My house and my heart are full. We went to Midnight Mass at the cathedral, where a full orchestra was in attendance,and by 10.000 there were no seats left. The service was in German and English. God had an opera done in His honor! My Muslim protege went up to the altar to be blessed by the bishop, in her first ever Christian service and Christmas celebration. the Catholic girl from Malawi took communion with us.
At breakfast, my girlfriend brought venison sausages, a gift of her neighbour, and we ate tangerines off my tree, picked yesterday. We prayed in Arabic, in the langaugae of the Malawi, which I cannot pronounce, much less spell, and in English. One prayer was offfered by a Vietnamese Buddhist convert to Anglicanism, who now sings in the church choir.
As I write this, we are preparing to go to dinner at Angie's house,, where we will eat an international meal of Caribbean, Mediterranean and American origins, and again, offer thanks to God in many dialects.
Has there ever been a better Christmas? Not since I was a child.
May the peace and joy of the holiday season, visit you, and stay with you for eternity.Your contribution to my joyful year is recorded in my my memory, and the memory of God.You were part of the process of creating this. No card to be thrown out in a few days could hvve said the same thing. This is cheaper too.
Peace, and blessings.
Linda Edwards

No comments: