Thursday, April 11, 2019

RE: "I'll Tell You A Story"

2019-APR-05-0134Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
Do you remember those radio programs when we gathered around the radio to listen to programs like "I'll Tell You A Story" and "The Shadow".  That was long before television.
Last night I had several "Remember Wen? experiences. On Saturday, I retrieved a book that was headed for the dumpster.The title attracted me: "The Ins & Outs Of Trinidad and Tobago 2008" . I took it to bed and confirmed why I wrote " Oh Trinbago, why do I love you so."  I am ah Trini tuh de bone.
The colorful magazine is chockful of well written articles.The one that attracted me most was "Meet a Storyteller", Telling Tales- The Story of Grace Hallworth. She is fantastic.
All Mausicans have stories to tell. According to Mangatal , a  beloved lecturer, "If only these walls could speak, what great tales they would tell."
Aye, Geezmo, ah know yuh went three times awready. Come again and take us tuh tuh de place wit de best mojitos an Cuban food. Fellow Red Guards and Havenites, let;s reunite in Havana. Bring yuh musical instruments an voices . Come leh we lime Mausica style.
As usual,
Rodney Foster
66-68
Stone Mountain, GA
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: