Friday, January 09, 2015

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2015-JAN-09

2015-JAN-09-0714Hrs
Dear Errol,
I was about to write to my fellow Mausicans wishing all a Happy New Year when I read on Facebook of Linda's loss of her son. My heart goes out to her and my prayers are with her at this time. I know she is a woman of immense courage and will weather this storm,but it is heart wrenching and I know all Mausicans extend our love to her at this trying time. The loss of a child  is never easy for a mother.
Claire, I sense your disappointment and anger over the summary cancellation of the cruise proposal after agreement, and I am sure you are not alone in that. You are not alone in that feeling ,but I do hope that you can move on from that initial reaction and join us in Montego Bay in July. We love you and would dearly miss you if you do not join us.
Despite the dire predictions on our economy, let's all do our part to make Trinidad and Tobago the wonderfully blessed country that God intended us to be. I am currently in Orlando enjoying being with my entire family and thanking God for all His blessings and even His challenges. I return to reality and Trinidad on Sunday. Do wish me well with my training programmes  which begin at Cascadia Hotel next week Thursday with Implementing International Standards in Youth ( Juvenile ) Justice and the following week with Introduction to Restorative Practices , Using Circles Effectively and Facilitating Restorative Conferences. These programmes train persons who interact with  children in the international  standards and principles for treating with youths and shows that the emphasis should be on diverting youths from court before they have broken the law and after they have broken the law. It is my hope that soon we will understand that the punitive approach to dealing with children at risk and child offenders has not worked and will not work and that we need to place greater emphasis on prevention, supporting families and  rehabilitation and reintegration of child offenders.
I was abroad for Mrs. Cuffie's birthday on January 6, but I am sure some of you were able to visit with her. I will try to see her on my return, but since I may be tied up with my training programmes and leave again for Geneva the day after my programmes end, I may not be able to see her until February. Do drop in and check on her, if you can.
Love and peace to all  fellow Mausicans. Be happy and safe. 2015 will be a GREAT year if only you believe.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70

No comments: