Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Re: FW: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-FEB-27

2014-MAR-05-2200Hrs
Dear Errol,
Well, we survived the Carnival. Save for Dimanche Gras,it was one of the least enjoyable for me. I spent 5 hours trying to get over the Lady Young Road to get to the savannah, as a clever person decided that the saying:" If it aint broke, don't fix it " was not  a sensible adage, so they created a U-turn not by the St. Anns roundabout, but a bit further down the road from the roundabout and that turned out to be a nightmare.
I do not know how many of you knew or remember Dr.Earl Timothy, my Mum's cousin, former head of the Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (ECFI) (I hope I got the name right) at Centeno, who lived on Mausica campus with his wife, Helen Pyne -Timothy and their children. (Didn't he teach dance as well at Mausica?)He died late last month in Jamaica and there will be a memorial service for him in Trinidad around March 22.  His son, Robin said his Mum is not doing so well either.I am conducting my workshop in Implementing International Standards in Youth Justice at Capital Plaza next week. Do wish me luck. The response from the region is much more encouraging than from Trinidad. But, why am I surprised, though? Every day, I ask myself if we,  as a people,are really serious about child care and protection. But then I must hush. After all, I am a member of the PM's Child Protection Task Force.
Today is the Warden's birthday. I called and sang Happy Birthday to him and am still promising to visit. He sounded like he would continue batting until he hits a century and becomes the first Mausican centenarian.
Love to all.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70

No comments: