Friday, October 11, 2013

RE: Sundry. (Erroll--please scrap the first version)

2013-Oct-11-0724Hrs
am happy that the Harry Jo picture is with Maria. It is where it should be now. Rodney is just a little joke I was making bout Solid in San Juan. My inadvertent slip re Beatrice Manswell is regretted....I remember her from our group, 67-69...a quiet person. We honour her. Pearl, congrats on your compositions that someone mentioned weeks back. Also,  I think the picture is that of Keith Aqui. He is the one who first circulated the picture of the track team. They say he is the best footballer to have passed through the college. I met that legend when we came in 67. In my time we had some top sportspeople too. Late Frederick Beckles, and Nazir Khan stand out as two-sports people (cricket and football).Kent Rennie stands out all-round. Seigrid Sandiford was the fastest sprinter in the country in her teens. Not sure how she would have feared against Pamela George who came in later, and was lightening, also playing hockey for the country. I already wrote of the excellence of Phil, now gone.
Scratchy
Theodore Lewis 69

No comments: