Thursday, October 31, 2013

RE: Let's Do It Again. Part 2

2013-Oct-31-0118Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
"The risk of doing nothing is the greatest risk of all."
This evening Marj and I attended a play entitled "Speechless: the voice of survivors." at the Porter Sanford 111 Performing Arts and Community Center, in Decatur, GA. The message of the play was that people should not remain speechless.
Mausicans, what are your visions for our former MTC campus?
I'll share mine.  I see a Performing Arts Center for the East. I see Mausicans  participating significantly in the future of those 65 acres. I hear the voices of  our departed Mausicans, staff and students., appealing for a decent burial and the construction of a fitting memorial  on those hallowed grounds. I see us returning to MTC and helping in the  removal of those delapidated buildings. I see our artists like Carlsbury, Ralphie , and Makemba, and Poole painting murals. I know that Ralphie Precilla  is blind now but I am  quite sure he can still paint a beautiful Mausica sunrise and sunset, and burning canefields bordering our campus.
Let' s have a massive Grell Cup  competition. Horticulturist , Ivan Rogoonan, and gardeners Graham and Linda Edwards, could do the landscaping.
My friends, let's start "Living The Legacy"  so that we may "Leave A Legacy"
As usual,
Rodney Foster, 66-68.

No comments: