Monday, May 27, 2013

RE: Reurn to Mausica

2013-May-27-2313Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
Today is Memorial Day in the USA. It's a day that the country demonstrates its thanks to all those who served the country in all the wars in which the United States participated.
As we prepare to return to the campus of our beloved MTC, countless memories will flood our minds. As Mr. Mangatal, a  Literature teacher, used to say, " If only these walls could talk, what great tales they would tell."
On Saturday night, a thought came to my restless mind.
Let's dedicate a plaque to the memory of MTC. Place it right next to the plaque that celebrated the opening  of MTC, in 1963. Our graduates have the resouces and talent to make it a reality on July 23rd, 2013.
Scratchie, my Havenite Brother, would you kindly contact Sto, my Red Guard  Brother, Meighoo and all those other builders, contractors , artists and financiers and  design a fitting  tribute to Mausica Teachers College. Scratchie yuh could even organize a Kaiso contest for this auspicious occasion.
n
Yes man, let the creative juices of Mausicans flow. Fellas and Sisters come prepared to dance and sing in HMJ Hall. Bring all your musical instruments and we will make all the walls of Mausica talk on July 23rd. Design a big Happy Anniversary card so that all attendees could sign.
I'll stop here for now.
Thanks to my cousin, Carlston Gray, for brainstorming with me. He informed me that we have another cousin, Millicent's daughter,  working at the campus.
As usual.
Rodney Foster 68

No comments: