Monday, May 13, 2013

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS


2013-May-12-1113Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
A million Eurekas!
Thanks to Atiba Senghor, I found the Original Version of "Samba Pa Ti"  played by Carlos Santana, on You Tube!
That was the version that my fellow Mausican  danceros and senioritas danced to in HMJ  Hall.
I remember some of meh pardnahs: Beck, Braf, Sweetface, Gizmo, Caton, my roommates Cox and Carlsbury,Clive,Glenville, Andre and Gerry C. We use tuh run competition. Like Dancing With The Stars.Boy dem girls coulda real dance: Heather, Irma, Joy Reid, Agatha, Monica., Cherrie, the late Carol Burnettl Cook, Lacey, Annette, Claudette and Linda H.
Those were exciting times. Mausica was the best place to be. Long live the memory MTC.
Many thanks to the staff and Pioneers for laying the foundation of excellence.
DJ Phillo, yuh have tuh play "Samba Pa Ti "  and "Black Magic Woman ' by Santana, back tuh back.
As usual,
Rodney Foster. 66-68

No comments: