Thursday, September 29, 2011

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2011-Sep-29-2147Hrs
Ok My Ppl,
It is out. I was hoping that we would have everything organized and confirmed before the "news" came on the blog.  Hope that there is not toooo much confusion.  Hazel, I sent you an email with information that only Sunday Dec. 18th was available at Hilton, and that the Manager is checking for me the cost of the brunch.  There will be a downpayment to be made.  The 18th is tentatively booked. However, Finbar is also checking with Alicia's Palace, Lady Chancellor Hill. We will compare prices and come up with the best and most affordable cost and work with a menu.  More information will be forthcoming, by middle to end of next week.   It will happen, just give us some time and remember that Patience is one of the Fruits of the Spirit.  This needs practice. Ah givin' allyuh plenty practice, not so Hazel. Joan Braithwaite is our person in South.  She is compiling a list of Mausicans as I type.  I am suggesting that we divide Trinidad and Tobago into five regions: North, South, East, West and Tobago and at the mini-reunion we get two persons from each region to be on the committee, this will make it 10 people.  This will be a lot different from the Tobago Reunion when the only person from the West was Felix. The very few everybody else was from the East, then we had Jasper Joefield as our rep. in Tobago with help from Alan Clovis and Mike Duncan and many others.  With this arrangement, as Joan is doing, the reps could prepare a listing from each region and these reps. will be responsible for disseminating the information as soon as decisions are made at the committee meeting level.  This is the first step.   We must take it one step at a time.  I know that the anxiety is building, but again "let the Spirit move you to Patience."  Let me stop this, ah gorn. Next time you all hear from me is with a DEFINITE VENUE. UP TO NOW THE DATE IS DECEMBER 18TH.
On a sad note, let me add my condolences to the Allum Family, on the passing of Pat's sister Emily. Emily was with us in Grenada. She was really a lively and bubbly person. I know that Pat and June and the rest of the family did not expect this so this will really "hit them."  Please know that our prayers are with you and your family, Pat.
Maria
Anna Maria Mora

No comments: