Tuesday, October 28, 2008




Re: touching base.... working with a green calabash
2008-Oct-28-0759hrs
Hi Errol
I've been holding back to allow for other messages on the blog but last week was a bit sparse. I guess the North Americans must be caught up in the election campaign. Please God everyone will be able to come together for a truly united country when the dust settles after the counting of votes next week. It is very interesting to watch the proceedings and hear the comments... use of English is special! One sentence can mean so many different things depending on where you are listening from.
I'm still working on the calabash and include photos of my latest effort... the fascination continues.On the culinary side. if anyone can share a recipe for fry bake ( Montserratians call them muffins) which puffs up when fried, so that there is more crust on the outside and lots of air on the inside I would be most grateful. I have tried a number of suggestions but none has worked for me so far.
Looking forward to news of the Reunion. All the best to everyone. Pat
Pat Ryan


No comments: