Friday, January 13, 2023

RE: Angels In Our Lives

2023-JAN-13-0311Hrs

My Fellow Mausicans,

One of the key experiences in my life occurred when I was selected to attend Mausica Teachers College, in 1966.

Thanks to the founding members of the pioneers, 1963- 1965, and Mr. Fitz James Williams and Mrs Daphne Pilgrim Cuffie who founded The Mausica Teachers Choir.

I heard them singing on the radio stations in Sweet TNT. In 1964, they won the Folk Song Championship. They defeated  La Petite Musical.  I wanted to sing Rice and Peas, Lulu, Sammy Dead and Itanami. I vowed to become a member of that group.

Thanks to my dear friends, Errol  Williams and Harrison Joseph, both now deceased, who informed me " Just get five O Level subjects in Cambridge GCE and apply, English Language included.

Today, I want to send a special shout out to Ken Marshall who was my  High School teacher in Form 4 at Osmond HS in San Juan. I met him again when I enrolled at Mausica in 1966.

Ken, Steve Martin, Donald Walker, Lloyd Brown and Garnet Luke also  taught me how to "dress to impress", lime on Frederick Street and drink Carib beer at Humming Bird on Saturday mornings.

Congratulations to Hazel and Mausicans all over the world  for continuing to " Mold A Nation Through Service".

Aye, hear nah man, is 3:00 am. Ah going and sleep.

Next time ah go thank dem pioneers who carved de north-south track across de tennis court and introduced playing chess without a chess board. Thank you Villa Nova, Wingate and Kirkendale.

As usual,

Rodney Foster 66-68


No comments: