Thursday, January 23, 2020

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2019-DEC-27

2019-DEC-27-1727Hrs
I can never forget that trip to Guyana. After waiting for hours in Piarco from in the morning, the plane finally arrived to take us to Guyana in the night.  While on the way, rain started to fall, and the plane began to leak, and it was cold.I went into the toilet. While there, I saw a pocket, and on opening the pocket to inspect the contents, I saw that it was the papers for the plane. I saw that the plane was made in 1944, during WW2. Were not sitting in seats facing forward, but along the sides of the plane. The body of the plane was filled with cargo.When we landed, It WAS a relief. The press was  there waiting to welcome us. I had my quatro, and I started playing a Mausican folk song. Boykin, I believe. Everyone of us joined in the singing of the song, and the press photographers had a field day.
Garth NIcholas
Sunset Villa 1969 to 1971
Garth Nicholas 71

No comments: