Saturday, May 05, 2018

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2018-MAY-04

2018-MAY-04-1444Hrs
I loved Desmond very much. He was my brother.  How could he die on my birthday?
I saw the picture on this week's blog and tears came to my eyes.
For some strange reason, after all these years, Mausica's weekly mail is going into my social box. I do not  open that one regularly as it is usually junk mail.  I, therefore, did not see that last week's mail and am now seeing this week's mail.
I was really shocked when I met a colleague in the Trincity Mall and she told me Desmond 's funeral was that same morning. I was trying to get many things done as I was travelling  the next day. I am at present in Strasbourg, France, attending a symposium and an Executive Council meeting of the International Society of Family  Law at the European Court of Human Rights.   I did a presentation there this afternoon and am supposed to be at  a dinner but opted to stay in my hotel room with my daughter, who said she was feeling sleepy. I, myself, am not feeling of the best and my doctor had  advised that I should not travel alone.
I will miss Desmond's hugs and his cuatro playing. He was always so pleasant. I have never seen Desmond angry. Does anyone know how he died?  We are going off like flies.  I read death announcement every day. Is Linda's son OK now?
Love to all. I will try my best to make that meeting at Valsayn.
Hazel Thompson-Ahye 70

No comments: