Thursday, March 30, 2017

RE: Thank You, Mausica.

2017-MAR-05-0116Hrs
My Fellow Mausicans,
Have you ever been watching a TV program and wished that all your friends, in fact the whole world,  was tuned in to the riveting show also? Last week Thursday, I had such an experience. I was watching "Great African Civilizations" on Georgia Public Broadcasting.
Prof. Gates' documentary  took me back to our beloved MTC,  where Linda Edwards Romain, in 1966,  ignited my love and appreciation of Black History.
I called her immediately to thank her and suggested  that she turn on her TV. I discovered that she was already viewing the program in Houston, Texas.
Imagine my surprise and admiration when another Linda , a Mausican Sister from Villanova, appeared on the screen. I shouted to Marj. " Aye, Marj, look Linda Heywood!.She is meh batch mate. Carlton Heywood Sister!  Dr Linda Heywood, a professor at Boston University,  appeared a second time. I was indeed exceedingly  proud of our Mausican Sister.
My Fellow Mausicans, let us share our accomplishments with one another. Let us show and tell the world what Trini immigrants have contributed to making "this world a better place".
Thank you. Linda Edwards and Linda Heywood. You all made my day.
As usual,
Rodney Foster 66-68

No comments: