Thursday, January 19, 2017

RE: FW: Eulogy

2017-JAN-18-1327Hrs
Hi Errol,
Joan (Kydd) Lloyd (63-65) had sent the following to me to be included in the eulogy for Mr. Williams but I received it too late. I think it would be good to share it with  Mausicans:

When I think of our Beloved Mr. Williams, the word "Gratitude"  permeates my soul, and so............
- I thank you Mr. Williams, for opening the possibilities for me to sing and use my gift for good
- I thank you Mr. Williams, for paving the way for me to sing with the Trinidad and Tobago Team at Expo '67 in Montreal, Canada
- I thank you Mr. Williams, for the inspiration to use my gift to reach and teach children of all ages, abilities and special needs and to help them seek that which is greater in themselves
- I thank you Mr. Williams, for enabling me and so many other students to experience the awe, wonder and beauty of classical music and to expose us to some of the great musical masters of our time whenever they visited Trinidad.
I thank you Mr. Williams for soooooo much more!!!
Sleep In Perfect Peace, Our Beloved, Mr. Williams!!!

Felix Edinborough 65

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Some of the mourners at the funeral of Mr Fitz-James Williams, and who are alumni of Eckel Village EC have asked that this amplification be sent. They had passed under the tutelage of Mr Williams at Eckel Village EC which to their chagrin was described dismissively in his eulogy as a school in Hardbargain somewhere in Gasparillo. For the records, Eckel Village EC in the past has been a premier educational institution in the Williamsville community. Hardbargain Govt and the other school Hardbargain Pres always tossed up for either second or third spot against Eckel Village EC in the various inter-primary school competitions. Among the distinguished alumni of Eckel Village EC were Darcus Howe the renowned British political activist and black militant of the 70’s. Rolly Bain aka Crepsole a former south calypso king, and as he boasts the first teacher while at Eckel Village EC to sing calypsos when he was a monitor there. The brothers: Queen’s Counsel Tajmool Hosein TC who was part of the famed Malborough House delegation to formulate a constitution for the Independence of Trinidad and Tobago, and Justice Zainool Hosein is the current chairman of the Integrity Commission. There was Leroy Spann the celebrated skipper of the Strike Squad, and Dr Vernise Steadman-Toler the first Caribbean and African American woman to be awarded a doctorate in mathematics (1988) from Howard University. She passed on last year. And I would know first hand of Aiyegoro Ome the first person to pass a UWI final examination and earn a degree while imprisoned as a political detainee during the Black Power disturbances in 1970. Ome who was the godson of Mr Williams who had been succeeded by his father George Murray as head teacher at Eckel Village EC. Mr Fitz-James Williams was on his way to become the warden at Mausica Teachers’ Training College.