Friday, October 17, 2014

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-OCT-17

2014-OCT-17-0726Hrs
Wow!  Thanks Errol. Thanks to all contributors to this page.  It's such a joy to check out the Mausica blog on a Friday. Thanks Sandra Lewis Borde and Angela Mc Alister who told me about it.   I cannot 'put a face' to many of the names, but just say "Mausica" and I'm hooked!  I enjoy the pics even though I know very few of the people at any time.  Keep them coming, as they enliven us.
I noted concerns that there is little obvious responses now, (Pearl and Anna Maria),and it touched me as I've had the experience in church/other when the speaker seemed to be speaking to me directly... so "What am  doing about it?'  Just this ...responding!  (-:
How well I remember Initiation 1970 when, as a 'Fresher", I was indoctrinated into MAUSICA.   Memories are mixed...I had fun, and w,uldn't have it any otherway, but knew that there many who just lived for it to be over!     Even now I remember being told to " Wipe off that smile and put it in yuh pocket.!"   Thank God, I have many smiles to take out of my 'pocket' and share.  I especially admired people like Marcelline Ward R.I.P. aka Elke who seemed to take Initiation in good stride, and was well loved. I bring away many blessings from Mausica and Initiation was just the beginning.  Two quotes that became my life line were uttered by empathetic Second years  " This too shall pass." impacted on me as well as:   "The darkest watch of the night is the one before the dawn, and relief is often nearest when we least expect it."    Thanks Dhanpatie Lalla and others (69-71).   (-:     I have been able to live those assurances, and to share them with others throughout my teaching career (1970-2011) ...and to this day.  Wow!!!!!
So there! I've done it.
By the way (actually it's not by the way because it's on my mind), I love the idea of Reunion 2015 being in Trinidad.   Going to Monsterrat, Jamaica or some other Caribbean island - all inclusive is great but TRINIDAD!  GREATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   There I've said it.    All the best to the organizers. You have been doing a good job.
Blessings...
Leonora De Verteuil 72

No comments: