Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2014-OCT-10

2014-OCT-10-1704Hrs
Thanks Errol for the  pics -- for the memories,   pure nostalgia...
Personally, I owe so much for who I am,  and whatever achievements gained to the Mausica experience.  At age 67, I am still guided by many of the sayings of the lecturers:
Harry Jo:
'You can TRULY teach them ONLY if you love them. If that infant learner is  crying with dribbles all over; having wet his/her underclothes etc. and you can give her a good hug without feeling repulsed, you are in the right profession. (lecturing in the 3Ps course at the beginning of Year 1 of the Programme)
'This too shall pass'. (At morning assembly, unable to sing or give a speech. much to the mirth of all, especialy the Year II body)
If you are troubled over a matter, put it on the stage and let it play itself while you work at making sense of it and assessing your own role
'Let the damn thing grow...'
I want to see my chairs back in place in perfect order' (the morning after a fete in the Hall)
Mrs. Cuffie:
Concept learning is key. Think of the Mausica curriculum as 'curricular'; 'co-curricular', and extra-curricular' (preparing for teaching practice)
Mrs. Ahylia Mohan:
"Never beg for mercy: always demand justice' (her response to me when I failed to meet a deadline for submitting a literature assignment,  and asked for an extension)
Mr. Maundy:
'Let me see how I can help'  (assisting with preparation for teaching practice)
Ms. June Joseph:
' Well I never... dont you worry...  .. you will learn the music notes.... just begin by enjoying the music' (during her many enjoyable choir practices)
my conclusion:  A TEACHER EDUCATOR IS A 'MIDWIFE' TO THE TEACHING PROFESSION
Gwendoline Peter-Williams 1967-1969

No comments: