Friday, June 04, 2010

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS

2010-JUN-04-0757Hrs Dear All,
How are you all? It has been a growth experience for me. I know that God said to me that I was getting toooo settled with my teenagers, creating my own world, a safe haven for children and teens. Teenagers are so easy to work with, that people really think that I am a crazy person to even say this. Children and young people are non-judgemental, open, caring, and they are open to the guidance and suggestions as to what needs to be done to create for themselves a bright future. When the opportunity arose for me to widen my horizons, I prayed and prayed, lost some sleep and then made the decision to "cross the border" The Great Orchestrator of my life said to me that he knows that I love challenges, I was doing so well with my youth center ( you all know that I do not look at success in terms of my bank account, when you are working with the children, you are working with securing the future, not only their future, our future is also intricately tied up in their future). I am so happy with hiking and travellling with them and seeing the wonder in their eyes at the opening up of their horizons. Anyway, God said to me "Girl, you have to come out of dat comfort zone yuh in, yuh know how yuh like excitement and challenges, what yuh doin' getting too easy fuh yuh, yuh could get stale, and dat eh you. DO THIS!" Well I did and now there is not turning back for me. I will still continue to work with the adoelscents. They were really concerned that they will lose me , but I assured them that I will be there no matter what. My not winning the seat, is just that, As Winston Dookeran (my esteemed political leader, of the COP) said on April 23 in the Newsday: "I do not see politics in seats." I so agree with him. All of us Mausicans have been working at "Securing the Future" the tag line of our campaign, since we graduated from Mausica. In 1970, I began working at securing the future. Those children with whom I began at Sacred Heart Girls' R. C. do not forget me, many are doing very well. Throughout my career, the children I have worked with, still remember me and thank me when they meet me. Now, I have decided to take a different path, it is really an eye-opener for me. I describe myself as moving in a bubble all these years and creating the kind of world that I would want, to the exclusion of those who I felt did not fit into this. One of my professors at Columbia U, when I was there described me in a class as an "enigma." Of course I said ( in my head): " wha happen to she boy." Anyway, I thank all of you for the prayers and the votes of confidence. Those votes mean so much to me. When I look at the areas that continue to give the PNM the mandate, I ask you to feel sorry for them, not for me. This is a classic example of learned helplessness, getting them out of that is a mammoth task that we must begin. LOVE ALL OF YOU AN AH CYAH WAIT FOR 2011. Errol, ah hope dis eh too long for d blog. Ah does cyah stop when ah start so.
Anna Maria Mora

No comments: