Thursday, March 06, 2008

Re: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS
2008-Mar-06-2032hrs
Guess everyone knows by now that Mr. Best is indeed Thora's father. Strange enough I saw him on tv when I was home for Carnival and remarked to my husband that Mr, Best looked so well and I had not seen him in years. He was a stalwart of the PNM, although I have not read of that much in the press. May he rest in peace.
As for Mr. Phillips, I always thought of him as larger than life.
Judy Lum York (1968- 1970) passed away recently, too. I was so shocked when Maria told me. Do you remember Judy with the long flowing hair? During initiation she held Freddy the frog without fuss while I wanted to die. She gave me courage all through initiation. We kept in touch for a long while after Mausica. I used to visit her at her home in Malick.
I came down to Trinidad for Keith Sobion's funeral a couple of weeks ago and I saw Mrs Dolabaille ( cannot remember her first name) ( 1967-69) boarding the same flight out of Miami. I almost did not recognize her until they called out her name. I did not get to speak to her , though.
I am on a retreat for the whole of the coming weekend and will pray for good health and the safety of all my fellow Mausicans and their families. We have been ordered to bring no radios, no books, no magazines, no laptops, no watches, no cell phones even. I do not know how I will survive. Maybe you need to pray for me. I do not know what it is to have a weekend without work from Friday evening to Sunday night.
Love you all,
Hazel Ahye

No comments: