Saturday, March 08, 2008

Re: Another Mausican makes us proud
2008-Mar-07-1302hrs
Mausica News: Lester Efebo Wilkinson was reported in the Express as the next Ambassador To Cuba.
I am bursting with pride. When I tell people that I am trini to de bone, they see a party-girl, but that is not what I am. I am a nurturer of people, and take enormous pride in the achievements of everyone whose life I have touched..
Way to go Mausican.! Let us keep the recognition and significant leadership thing going.
Houw I wish that we could capture that spirit once again,in a special school to save our youth who are daily, the victims of drugs and gunfire!
When The Hon.Orville London spoke at the formal dinner in Tobago, saying that there was something special about us, I wanted to shout out "we believed in unlimited possibilities"but tht would have been inappropriate for a silverhaired older woman at a formal dinner. Nonetheless, I believe in our endless possibilities.
While we mourn the passing of Mr. Wilfred Phillips, who was the principal of Tranquility the year my son Larry spent in Trinidad, in place of eight grade, I think of him, and Harry Joe, Fanny Ropchand and Isiah Boodhoo raising a toast to Lester. I shall be proud to refer to him as His Excellency, Mr.Ambassador. Along with Dr. Robertson at the Consul General Office in New York, that makes two whom I know personally. Again, I am so proud!!
Linda Edwards

No comments: