Thursday, June 03, 2021

Fwd: Zoom get together

2021-JUN-03-1022Hrs

Hi Mausica family,

We had our 4th Zoom get together on May 29 and it was a step up.  The Zoom 101 lesson given by Ben Alleyne-Stephens was well received

The film Holy Angels produced by Selwyn Jacob was indeed timely.  The in-depth discussion that followed was informative and Selwyn was very knowledgeable about his craft.

It was karmic that Canadian news headlines of Thursday May 27 reported the discovery of 215 Indgenous children's bodies buried at the site of a school similar to the one in the film.  This issue generated a lot of discussion.

We were fortunate to have in our midst Irma Cambridge-Chadee's son Hayden, who is a high school teacher with the Durham Catholic School Board.  Hayden informed us that his Board has introduced Indigenous studies and he was passionate about his involvement with equity and inclusion in education.

Here is feedback from Magnell Williams-Robinson about the session:

"I was happy to hear your voices even if I didn’t see you.

I felt that Saturday’s experience was very meaningful.  As we see and hear of the evil that was meted out to the Indigenous children both in the documentary and the media in Canada these past few days, we can’t help but think of the negative experiences of all indigenous peoples over the world, as well as all visible minorities, and of course that these things are ongoing in some form or fashion even today!

However, thank God our better Spirits prevail.  We have to focus on the positive while trying to ensure that everyone around us is treated with dignity.

Thank you Selwyn for all you have done and are doing to bring awareness of some of the atrocities that have and are still ongoing."

It is gratifying that we can get together and enjoy one another's company after all these years.  I look forward to at least 2 hours of smiles and warm, fuzzy feelings that  I experience at each meeting.

Thanks Tom (Conrad Thomas) for allowing us to use your Zoom membership - we cannot do it without you

Wow - 21 Mausicans were present, 1 guest and a few grand children popped in.

Looking forward to the next Zoom, tentative July 31 - THEME - casual lime.

"I go bring my friends and you could bring your friends

And we friends we all lime together,

Right here in de back yard"   (Farmer Nappy 2021 road march)]

Brenda

"and this too will pass"

Brenda Alexander-Perez 65


1 comment:

Robbin said...

My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
Text (407) 777-4240
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you