Friday, June 29, 2018

RE: Condolences

2018-JUN-29-0747Hrs
Oh dear ! Oh dear! I feel like Alice in Wonderland.
I am very thankful that Errol has kept this engine working. I am very thankful for Reunions. May there be blessings on us all as we go forward to other reunions. Thanks to the Mausican for sending the order of service of Carl Smith's farewell service.
I reunited with Carl at the 2011 Reunion. Selwyn and Jean Jacob, Carl,  Winston and I stayed at the Marriot Hotel. Fortunately for us, Carl came along with his Benz or BMW
(I don't remember), but it was immaculate white. We all drove in style to the main meeting places. Transport was difficult from that hotel. I could not remember Carl. He had now changed to the picture that was sent. He said he was my 2nd Year. Three days I pondered on who he could have been. Then remembrance dawned. I remembered him as being tall and slim and standing in the Lunch line, a reserved person. If it weren't for that Reunion I would not have known who Carl was.
Another picture of him that stays with me is of him at the Park Outing, at that reunion. He wore immaculate white shoes, a white hat, white shirt and I think cream trousers. He looked so very immaculate I thought of the Great Gadsby.
Now softly, he has gone over the sunset mountains.
'Bye Carl. Your labours are over. Rest in peace. May there be comfort for those who mourn.
Barbara Mellowes 66

No comments: