Friday, September 30, 2016

RE: Ninth Floor @ TTFF

2016-SEP-29-2009Hrs
Hi Errol,
Here’s something for the Blog regarding Ninth Floor screenings at the Trinidad and Tobago Film Festival:
A big THANK YOU to those Mausicans who made it to the Ninth Floor screening at UWI last Friday (Angela McAlister, Barbara Wafe, Joy Valdez, Amba Reveillac, Pat Aqui, Donald Graham, Finbar Ryan, and the lady who came up and said “you don’t remember me?”) and from the Movie Towne screening, I definitely recognized Angela Ifill and Judith Bazzey, and Sadie Davis, after she introduced herself; and the family members who came along. Both screenings felt like mini-reunions. It was a true reflection of the Mausica family in fine form. That made the screenings very special indeed.
Unfortunately, it wasn’t possible to meet and celebrate afterwards, due to a very busy schedule but I know we took some photos at the UWI screening, so maybe someone will post a photo. If I missed anyone, it wasn’t intentional.
This was my first time at TTFF and it was a very rewarding experience. Thanks to the family support, it was even more so.
Thanks also to Felix who took Pat Allum and me to visit to Mr Williams. He was still being as witty as ever but he never did figure out who I was.
Cheers, Selwyn
Selwyn Jacob 65

No comments: