Thursday, August 25, 2016

Re: Fwd: MAUSICA WEEKLY EMAILS 2016-AUG-23

2016-AUG-23-1055Hrs
You know - it is such a small world! When in 1970 or thereabouts the Alumni Choir went to Jamaica and Antigua and the Christina on its way from Antigua to Nevis sank. I joked that I could have been on that boat because I was thinking of fulfilling my life long dream of visiting Nevis and going over there from Antigua. He responded that he too could have been on that boat. Then I remembered his aunt who lived with him and her surname was Small and she was from Nevis as my grandmother whose surname was also Small. It is to my eternal regret that on one of my visits to her with other students I did not take the opportunity to question her because back then I did suspect that there was a connection so I asked him who were the relatives he wanted to visit in Nevis? His reply was - the Smalls and the Byrons who are the same ones I wanted to visit. I did speak to Mt Williams about it recently and it turns out that we are indeed related. As Johnny Mathis did say/sing - Small world isn't it!!!!!
Pearl Yvonne Mulrain 69

No comments: