Thursday, December 10, 2015

RE: Condolences

2015-DEC-10-0209Hrs
My Fellow mausicans,
I wish to extend  my condolences to Hensley Williams' family.
I recall Hensley as the consummate  Mausican role model. In my first year at MTC, I would visit him and his roommate, Selwyn Gibbs, in the flat of Sunset Villa. What a lesson in creativity when I discovered six cool Carib beers in the tank in the restroom! When I failed flushing, I lifted the cover of the tank. Imagine my surprise when  a few beers greeted me. I extracted three beers and invited Hensley and Gibbs to "Have ah Carib, nah!"
Hensley and Gibbs had the first dorm refrigerator!!
The last time I saw Hensley in Trinidad was in Arima at a drugstore. I invited him to "Have a Carib, nah" at Harry's , a  famous Mausica watering hole, opposite the Velodrome.
Alma, my Osmond High School sister, may you and the family be comforted at this time by the loving memories of a Mausican gentleman.
Hensley may you rest in peace and rise in glory.
It was a pleasure having you as a Big Brother.
Rodney Foster 66-68

No comments: