Wednesday, March 25, 2009

RE: more of Montserrat's funny veggies
2009-Mar-23-0805Hrs
Where have all the bloggers gone?? I look forward each week to the sharing and correct me if I'm mistaken, but we ARE ALLOWED to to talk of non reunion items. My new lifestyle allows me time to smell the roses and observe things around me more closely. A trip to the supermarket to buy ginger ( for ginger beer and cooking) and carrots, revealed the 3 gems. The carrot is local, the ginger may be from Dominica ,although we are having to rethink imports because of a vile and virulent fungus which is threatening to wipe out our Mountain Chicken population... It has already done the dirty in Dominica which used to be a popular MC habitat. I don't eat this "delicacy" myself, but it is quite popular among residents and tourists.
We have just wound up St Patrick's Week and in will take up some space with a few photos from the heritage day activity at the Market last Friday.
All the best... Pat
Pat Ryan

No comments: