Sunday, December 24, 2006

Re: SAD NEWS
2006-Dec-24-Sun-2125hrs
Yes, myh brother. Very sad news indeed. Somebody has to find Keith Aqui, his second year and room-mate in Room 4 (if I remember correctly) Fair Haven; Sto, his real buddy; Phillip Kendall, his other partner in crime; Noel Duncan, Phillip's 1st Year Room-mate in Room 6; Horse; and of course Irma (ne Clarke). I myself will try to reach Grande tomorrow (Christmas Day). Being in Room 8, I saw it all . . . knew it all . . . and loved Martin Braf dearly. Those who were there will remember the football camp of July/August 1967 and Beck's car with no doors and seats and the after-training limes. Those who were there on the occasions when love did not go right will recall the pasion that drove the man . . . consumed him. Those who were there at those moments when we needed men to stand up and be counted will recall that Braf never failed to step forward. I lost contact some years back. Still I remember enough to celebrate a life well lived with heart and an amazing generousity of spirit. Dolphie, Phillip, Sto you know what I'm talking about. May he rest in peace.
efebo (Blondie 1966-68; Room 8 Fair Haaven)
Not every shoot/survives/the long dry-season/but always/always/the rains come again/each June.
efebo (March 2000)
Lester

No comments: